Pic Collage is a fantastic FREE app perfect for students of any age to use in creative ways. The three main buttons make it an easy to navigate and intuitive to use. Collages save to Photos where the images are available for "app smashing".
This week I introduced the Pic Collage app to Mr. Myers (@mrmyers1), 8th grade history teacher, and his students. Myers is one of our 38 #ipadacademy teachers in #bpsne #iPadAcademy.
|A collage created by a 4th period student.|
2. Use the Pic Collage app to construct a visually appealing display of the images.
3. Add text to identify the events and people in the images. Refer to the website for facts about the image.
4. Save the collage to photos.
5. Upload the image to Google Drive gClass hand in folders.
6. Use the Reflector app on the computer to "hop on" airplay and share/discuss with the class.
1. As students organized and constructed the collages, they began to wonder and question.
2. These questions led students to spontaneously research historical information over this event.
3. Student sidebar discussions centered on the War with Mexico. The informal conversations continued as they worked.
4. This prior knowledge was beneficial the next day when they learned more about this topic.
Give Pic Collage a try. The price is right, FREE. As I like to say, "If it's free, it's meant to be."
“Creativity is contagious, pass it on” – Albert Einstein
Written by Ann Feldmann