How does this work?
Use an Add-on called gClassFolders which does all the work for you! Here are six easy steps to follow to get your Google workflow started.
1. Create a new spreadsheet in Google Drive. Click New --> Google Sheets
2. Title the spreadsheet and add the gClassFolder Add-On. Click on Add-on from the drop down menu and search for gClassFolders. Then click on the FREE button to install the script.
3. Next, click Add-ons from the drop down menu --> select gClass Folders --> Initial Setup. This will create the headings on the spreadsheet.
4. Populate the spreadsheet with student first name, last name, and student gmail address.
***Note: If you set up mail groups in your contacts, the student information can be exported from Google Contacts as a CSV file and information can be copied to the gClass Folders spreadsheet.
5. After all the names are in the spreadsheet, you are ready to create the folders. Click Add-ons-->gClassFolders-->Create Folders
6. This process can take up to 15 minutes depending on the size of your spreadsheet. When the script is done, you will receive a message like the one below that tells you how many folders were created.
You did it! Now you have a paperless workflow set up for the school year in just six easy steps.
Written by Ann Feldmann